A CD curtain was a must have for my daughter’s music themed room from the moment she seen it. I knew I had approximately 40 Cd’s that would no longer play, but I also knew that was no where close to what we needed. So I did what any smart minded person would… I posted a request on Facebook. The following day my Grandpa dropped off a ton of Cd’s for us. It still wasn’t enough, but it was enough to start.
However, I already had many projects already going for her room, and I honestly I wasn’t really sure how to go about it. So the Cd’s sat on top of my pile of ‘ Get To’ projects for a couple of weeks, until I decided to conquer it.
I knew I had to put holes in the Cd’s. So first I tried a hole puncher… yeah right… of course that didn’t work. Next I tried a small torch which just melted part of Cd. However, third time was the charm. I used a wood burning tool which went through the Cd like butter. So after several different learning experiences, this is how it worked for me.
1. Burn two holes parallel from each other in each Cd. Make sure they are close enough for the key rings to fit, but not too close otherwise it will go through the edge. You can burn holes in multiply Cd’s at once using the wood burning tool.
5. Place a key ring through both Cd’s at one time, but only in one side.
7. Repeat steps 4-6, using one attached Cd and one new Cd, until you have your desired length
8. Repeat steps 4-7 until you have enough chains to fill your desired area.
10. Enjoy your new Cd curtain